The P'Nut

The P'Nut
BIG THUMBS UP!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

No way! It can't be a week away!


I've had 2 dreams about being banded now. Last night I dreamt that I was 2 days post opt and ate hard pretzel and was in the worst pain. Then people were telling me they'd have to take my band out to get the pretzel unstuck and that I couldn't have it back. Then I woke up with killer heartburn! Weird how your mind plays tricks on you in your sleep!

I have to make an appointment with my ENT. I have a sore inside my nose that will not go away and it hurts like crazy and I give up on neosporin. It's not helping!

I need to make a list of things I need to buy before surgery. I think I may need help making sure I get everything. I'm getting more and more anxious by the hour. Surgery doesn't really scare me since I'll be asleep and the doctors will take care of any anxiety I have when I'm there. I'm still afraid of after but I'm so so so so excited to be better. I really feel like I have some illness and I'm finally getting it cured after years of trying medications.

I really will feel better, right?

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry, you will be fine!! It is normal to be a bit worried about the upcoming Surgery & how it will change your life (for the better)!!

    I too seem to incorporate my pain into my dreams! At some point, I become conscious of the pain in the dream, & start waking myself up, realizing that I am in pain!

    As for after care. You probably will want to buy some GasX strips or pills for the Gas pains. Most bandsters have had to use them. I was lucky to not have any gas pains at all.

    The biggest thing that I wish I had realized was that once the swelling goes down after Surgery, that I would have to rely on my own will power until I had enough Restriction from Fills. I still have no real Restriction. But I know that I am getting closer & hopefully, the Fill on Monday will do it!!

    But this is the best thing that you could do for yourself!! Congratulations & we will be waiting to hear how your Surgery went!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Debi. You are going to sail on through it all!! You are well prepared and mentally you are catching up with whats going to be a huge change in your life.

    I honestly think this is a great decision you've made. Come have a look at my blog (if you havent already..).. this is me seven months out. It can happen for you too :) I really want it for you!!!

    Don't forget something to read in the hospital - and take your lip balm. I found that invaluable :) Best of luck!!
    Cara
    www.carasquest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny that you dreamed about pretzels! During my pre-op, I did all the time, and I hardly ever eat them...the night before surgery, when you can have nothing by mouth, I woke up in a panic, woke up BF, and told him I thought I had woken up, eaten pretzels, and now I couldn't have surgery...

    ReplyDelete