The P'Nut

The P'Nut
BIG THUMBS UP!

Monday, January 25, 2010

It took so long but it got here so fast!




Oh my! My surgery is tomorrow! Ahhhhhh!!!


This morning I've had coffee and I'm starting my first big cup of water. I'm going to have a protein shake soon but I don't want to have it too soon and be hungry too early.


I'm getting more and more nervous. On Friday, I stopped at GNC on my way home from work. I grabbed two flavors of protein water and two flavors of IsoPure protein powder. I tried the water. YUCK! That was just digusting. I can't bring myself to try the other flavor but it's not the flavor that gets me, it's the after taste and the way it makes me mouth feel. Gross!! I can't bring myself to try the powders.


I'm going to take my before pictures tonight. I haven't decided if I'm going to post them yet.
Ugh! I'm scared. My stomach turns when I think about being wheeled into the room. I know I'm going to have a mini panic attack. I sure hope they have some nice calming meds ready when I get there! Since I can't take my own crazy pill in the morning, they better have a crazy shot ready! I just keep reminding myself what I'm doing this for. This isn't about how I look, though that is a HUGE plus, this is for my health!! I want to be healthy! I want to be here. I don't want to be diabetic. I want to not take a crazy pill (Anti-anxiety meds). I don't want to take asthma medication. I want to be more active! I want to run around! I want to go in the bouce house thing! I want to swing on swings. I want to not feel like a spectacle when I'm lumbering around. I want a LIFE!


6 comments:

  1. congrat! you are almost there. you will do fine. just ask the pre-op team for whatever you need.

    best of luck. post as soon as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BREATHE!!! :-) everything will go great! good luck & let us know how everything goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you luck!! I am going to be so nervous when the day comes. I think it is pretty natural but in a month this will all be forgotten and all you will remember is that it was the best day of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to be just great!! This is actually very exciting. Yeah, the surgery part of things is a little sucky but you will cope.. we all do - just remember to be kind to yourself in the days following. Do as much walking as you can (to disperse that gas that will probably be there!!) and to just follow your docs instructions. This is the big one. So excited for you. GOOD LUCK!! And see you on the other side.
    (Hugs)
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathe!! You will be fine and the nerves totally norm ! I think that walking into the OR is the scariest thing I had to ever do but it's over before you know it and they really do take such great care of you in the OR so no worries this the best decision you can make for yourself and your little girl !!!

    See you on the losing side !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take a deep breath & just breath!! You will be fine, & you will be so glad you did this!!

    As for Protein drinks, I couldn't stand the one I bought at GNC, either. But I found one at Costco that is fantastic!! It is called Premium Pro Rated. It comes in a 6 lb bag & tastes great!! And even better, it only costs $28.99. Although I only tried the chocolate. If you want to see a photo of it, I have it posted in my blog dated November 4th & the post is titled, Only 15 Days Till LB Day!!

    ReplyDelete