The P'Nut

The P'Nut
BIG THUMBS UP!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Appointment went VERY well!!








While I was right...I gained back all of the weight I loss on my pre-approval diet, I am not feeling discouraged since my surgery is 12 days away. 12 DAYS!!!

First I met with Gayle, the nutritionist. She went over the post op diet with me and asked all the normal nutritionist questions...do you eat sweets? How much water do you drink? How much caffeine? Do you take vitamins? I learned all about my new diet and I have to say that it doesn't seem too bad. I'm alittle freaked out about only having liquids and mush for 6 weeks but I'm super excited to see how much weight I will lose in that time!

Next, I saw the surgeon and he asked if I had any questions. I pulled out my list and he laughed. I told him I'm very thorough and I follow up and take notes with everything!! I will have the Realize C band. I am not required to stay overnight. My pre-op diet is only 2 days long and only the second day is liquid only. I will not have a fill with my surgery and I have to do the barium swallow before going home. I can have my first fill as early as 4 weeks but probably closer to the 6 or 8 week mark. I signed the consent form and asked if they fix Hiatal hernias and he said yes of course! I told him to fix whatever might be broken in there since he's there! He laughed.

So tomorrow Shannon and I are going out to celebrate our 12 year anniversary. We're going to Wildfire, one of my absolute favorites!! I'm going to enjoy the last steak I will eat for awhile! Riley's 3rd birthday is on Saturday. I just can't believe she is 3 and that I haven't lost all of my pregnancy weight yet! :)

Work is still insane but it should calm down after tomorrow...I hope!

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary !! Dont sweat the post op diet you'll see that you really wont be hungry at all for the first couple of weeks !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Chele! Wow, 12 yrs is great! You are so lucky that you have such a short Pre-Op Diet! Mine was supposed to be 4 wks, but I only actually dieted for 3 wks max!!

    Anyhoo, good luck, cant wait to welcome you into the "Sisterhood Of The Bandster's Club".

    ReplyDelete