The P'Nut

The P'Nut
BIG THUMBS UP!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pools and Sunburn and sweat..Oh Yeah! Summer is HERE!







Spent the whole day and I mean the WHOLE day in the pool on Sunday. I know you all are thinking I must have this great big pool...hahaha, I don't! It's a kid's pool but it's not a bad pool at all!

We filled up the pool at 8 AM on sunday and Riley was in it from 8:30 until after 6 in the evening. I had one wiped out kidlet! I was in and out of the pool but got some nice burn! I was religious about SPF'ing the p'nut but not so good about putting even a dab on myself. But I was in the shade at some point too. It's ok, I got good color.

I wore my bathing suit in the backyard and my neighbor comment "Hey, Michele. I don't think I've ever seen in you in a bathing suit." Ummm..you definitely have not because we don't have whales in Chicago! I had some confidence in my suit but not a lot.

Anyway...I stepped on the scale. I nearly cried but instead got really really PISSED OFF! I gained. I knew it. DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN! 6 pounds. WTF?!?!?!? My appointment is today at 4:15. I know I beat this weight monster and meet my goal. I just need to know that there will be ups and downs. I need to focus on the downs and keep fighting! The best part is, even though it's only 30 pounds lost, I feel better and I'm more active with my daughter. That was my number 1 goal and I've done it. I just want more. I want to be more active and to do that, I need to lose more weight. I CAN DO THIS!




4 comments:

  1. Your daughter is so cute and it looks like you had a fun day. I'm sorry about the six lbs., but usually when you have a big jump like that it is water weight or hormonal rather than an actual gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is a cutie pie! We broke out the kiddie pool as well this weekend.

    I agree with Amanda, that seem like an awful lot to gain in a week-even if you were not being a super awesome bander.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm going to yell at you, but only because I care. First of all, if you want to make sure you are around to watch your adorable p'nut grow up, WEAR SUNSCREEN! Secondly, what do you mean "only 30 lbs lost." That is an awesome amount of weight. Don't belittle it. You worked hard for it and deserve to feel good about it. Lastly, screw the 6 lbs. Do you follow Kristen of I'm With The Band? She is hosting a weight loss contest. Nothing like a little competition to get those lbs off. Hopefully you don't mind me yelling. It wasn't really that loud. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. P'nut is adorable! Love that smile! 6 lbs...attribute it to the sunscreen absorbed into your body and your body holding fluids due to the heat. I don't know...I make it up as I go along. :) Looks like you had a wonderful day with your girl; what more can one ask for??? :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete