The P'Nut

The P'Nut
BIG THUMBS UP!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fill Scheduled...Time to get back to work!

Volleyball starts tonight. Praise Buddha! Exercises for my lazy ass! Maybe I'll see some loss. I'm back on the wagon. I started this morning with a Sugar Free Carnation Instant Breakfast at 6:30. I had small veggie omelet at 9. I still want to snack but I'm not going to! I need a fill. Frida is not working and she just keeps making me hungry.

How do I ask for a bigger fill? I know he's only going to want to do half a CC. How do I ask for more than that? Can I tell him I want at least 1cc? Do I say, I dont' mind coming back if it's too much? How do I get him to do more?

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have my band yet, but another person I know who had the same surgeon as me said the only way she can get him to up the fills a bit is tell him that she is REALLY hungry and while she is making good food choices and eating slowly, she is eating way more than she should be able to. She said her loss between visits usually reinforces these statements- it is lower than what it should be.

    Might work? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly listen to them. I wanted the big girl fill and POW! It set me back a month because I couldn't get anything down and had an unfill. Just now back to that fill level, two months later. So there is something to taking it slow. Maybe you can book the next appointment immediately after this fill (like in a week or two) so you know you can go back if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sandy Lee. Be completely honest about where you are at, but trust that the expert knows what is best. I just have .4 of my 1 cc fill taken out on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love playing volleyball when I was a kid. Don't really have much opportunity to play now. Hope you have fun. Glad you are back on track. Can't really comment on how to ask your doc for a fill since I don't have a band yet. It seems like most fills are based on how well a few drinks of water goes down. Does your doc use that as a guideline at all? If he doesn't, maybe you can ask him why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grab him by the balls...that should work! Okay maybe not...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep - I'm with everyone else. Small is better - really it is. Its a pain in the ass, but at least going in smaller increments there's less chance of getting over filled. Have fun at volleyball - I loooove volleyball!

    ReplyDelete